Thursday, June 25, 2009

Is it a sale??

With the NZ economy still in a recession, it's not surprising there are many sales on at the moment. But fashionistas beware!! There may be many signs in shop windows indicating 20%, 50% and even 70% but always look at the small print which states up to........... Walking along Lambton Quay, I have noticed many stores with sales, such as Shoe Connection "Up to 60% off". This has initially drawn me into the store only to find that finding something that is discounted by 60% is a rarity and the shoes which are discounted the most, I wouldn't put on my cat.

There are some exceptions however. Yesterday I noticed that Line 7 on Lambton Quay is having a 60% sale on everything. None of this "up to" business. Now I know that the store doesn't always stock the most fashionable items but I managed to score me the very last woolen grey and turquoise reversable scarf marked down from $50 to $20. Now that's a discount, and Marcs on Lambton Quay currently have an up to 70% off sale. I thought I would go in for a browse today whilst thinking I would only be able to afford to pretend to be buying something by picking it up and trying it on then putting it back on the rack as if I didn't like the item..............WELL.....to my very surprise, I actually walked out of the store with the most amazing 3 quarter tartan patterned black and grey coat at 60% less than the original retail price. Be it that the original price was $500 is not the point. $200 for this very stylie coat is still pretty good in my books.

There were definately other items in the store that had atleast 60% off. Yay Marcs.

Other stores with sales on include Barkers - 20%, Bank Shoes final sale days of 50% and Hallensteins up to 50% on some items, YD up to 50% off some items, Tarocash up to 50% some items. Unfortunately for YD and Tarocash, the items discounted the most seem to be XL sizing.

Back to my own purchases though, as we are still in a recession , I do have some guilt or is it guilty pleasure??

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment