Sunday, June 21, 2009

How important is the shape of your shirt?

In fashion, this is highly important.

The cut of your shirt can differentiate between walking down the street in a tent or showing off a tall lean figure.

This morning I wore a shirt with a "slim fit" cut. I received two comments on how different I looked and how I looked like I had lost weight. Although I am trying to lose weight, I don't think it's the actual losing of the weight that has brought this stand out look about. It was all in the cut of my shirt.

Beware though, "Slim fit" does not necessarily equate to a natural body look. some slim fit shirts will instantly lose their shape after one wash. The trick is in the actual cut of the shirt. The best slim fit cut shirts will often have two seams running parallel to each other from just below each shoulder blade down to just above the top of the hips.

This type of shirt can look great on both the lean and the more heavier set guy and can even give the impression of a slimmer build. This is more effective with your shirt not tucked. That's not to say a tucked in slim fit business shirt can't look great. With the right cut, and belt and trousers to match, this can be a great look.

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment