Friday, June 19, 2009

Introductions

Hello and welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy following my updates of the "goings on" in mens fashion and trends, particularly in the Wellington region of New Zealand.

Now I don't profess to be an expert in Mens Fashion, however I have been told that I have a keen eye for the right match, and my observations to date in Wellington have lead me to create this blog to help men, and women who think their men need it, understand what's hot, what's not, faux pas', and best buys.

So firstly, lets start with some introductions. My name is Deryk and I am a 30 year old male living in Wellington, the capital of New Zealand. From my profile you would have seen that I have an interest in fashion. My ultimate dream job would be as a chief fashion buyer for some big fashion retail chain. Either shoes or clothes, it doesn't matter to me. Style is what I'm all about.

I have lived in Wellington all my life. My family of 4 brothers and 2 sisters, mum and dad, left me nearly 9 years ago to start a new life in Australia. That's ok, at first I felt abandoned even though it was my choice to stay, then came the feel of independence and now it's just a feeling of missing out on those family moments.

I do try and get over to Australia as much as I can. It's the best excuse for me to update my wardrobe. This is because, I rarely buy clothes in New Zealand. I don't feel New Zealand, particularly Wellington, really caters for NZ Men. I have noticed this slowly improve over the past couple of years - Marcs on Lambton Quay being the latest (although pricey I suspect) store which caters for men.

There are a few more mens clothing stores in Wellington but I don't really buy from mass producing retail outlets. There is nothing worse than walking down Lambton Quay one day with that new top you bought yesterday from Jean West and another guy walking the opposite way heading towards you with EXACTLY the same top on. And to make it worse they either make the item of clothing look hideous and embarrassing to wear, or they look better than you do!! Therefore, I try and save all my clothing shopping for my trips overseas and stock up big time until I am able to trip away again.

One annoying thing I am finding though is some of those favourite stores I used to shop at in Australia such as Taro Cash are now opening stores in Wellington. How am I supposed to stay uniquely fashionable if you are gonna offer the same to everyone else? Anyway, all this means is that I need to find new stores in Australia.

Don't get me wrong I still support the NZ economy. But I probably would support it once in a blue moon when an item not likely to be worn in Wellington by anyone, is on Sale.

So there you go....my introduction for my first ever blog.

This blog aims to provide the reader with some healthy hints, tips and information for guys who need a change (Extreme makeover here we come), girlfriends who needs tips to help "fashionise" their boyfriends, or information for any male on where to buy that item. This blog will set you on your way.

My updates will include; Top 10 lists as voted by me, what's hot or not, latest mens accessories, latest sales on in Wellington and much much more.

I will endeavour to update this blog every couple of days so I hope you enjoy following it and I look forward to receiving many comments from you all.

Deryk

No comments:

Post a Comment