Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Weekend Beauty


I couldn't decide what to call this post. Weekend wash bag, travel beauty, packing essentials... You get the jist. I didn't want to put 'holiday' in the title as this isn't so much about sun care, more about the essentials I'd pack for a weekend away. And with a working weekend in Barcelona on the horizon, this felt like the perfect time to share the products that always make it into my case. 

 I'm a confessed product junkie, or more precisely, have a roster of can't-live-withouts that come with me wherever I go. When packing though, weight and ease of use matter more than ever so I tend to reach for light, smaller staples like these. 


From L-R:

1. Percy & Reed No Oil Oil | My flat, fine hair needs a bit of help at the best of times and this is a great substitute for a massive can of mousse to get the same sort of thickening effect. 

2. Kiehls Creme de Corps | The one and only body moisturiser. Sinks in quickly and lasts all day. 

3. Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish | A smaller version of this staple I've mentioned before - I use this in the morning and a face wipe to take make up off at night (sorry haters). 

4. Jurlique Moisture Replenishing Day Cream | I've spoken about this before in my Winter Skin Saviours post but it's still going strong. The tube is very portable and a little goes a very long way.

5. Aesop Rose Facial Oil | I'm an oil addict so even for a weekend I'd take either this or my Perricone MD Chia Serum to use at night. 

6. Nars Laguna Bronzer | I don't wear makeup everyday, but when I want to look half decent, bronzer is always an essential and Nars' are without doubt the best. 

7/8. Original Mineral Shampoos and Conditioners | I am that tragic person that decants products into those travel-sized containers. As I said, tragic. So it's nice when a decent brand does really good travel-sized products. Aussie brand Original Mineral is pretty new to me, and indeed the entire U.K, and I love the textures and smell of its products - these come as a set of 5 different ones to mix-and-match. 

9. Moroccan Oil Light | I'm new to Moroccan Oil (I can hear all you fans shouting 'how!') and absolutely love it. This mini oil is a good way to try it and is much easier to cart around than the big, regular sized one. Go for the light version if you're blonde. 

10. Caudalie Beauty Elixir| This stuff is amazing. I don't know why or what it really does, but it's a little refreshing, toning spray I like to mist over makeup to save from looking too done or powdery. Amazing on grey, hungover skin too. 

11. Eve Lom Primer | Eve Lom's new makeup range is pretty special and it's managed to convert me to primer, a product I previously stamped with a 'superfluous' label. Now I get it; if you want makeup to last all day, start with a layer of primer. 

12. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser | Foundation isn't really my bag, but tinted moisturiser on the other hand I'm a big fan of and, put simply, this is the best. 

13. Bobbi Brown Blusher Brush | Best friends with Nars bronzer, you can't really do one without the other. 

14. Laura Mercier Creme Cheek Colour | Using fingers to put makeup on makes everything better and dewier - I doubt you'll go back to powder after this one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment