Thursday, September 17, 2009

It becomes clear........

It certainly does when it comes to mens fashion in New Zealand. For so long I have wondered why mens fashion has not been more prominent like it is today. The following article explains it all. http://www.gaynz.com/articles/publish/2/article_7907.php

In the article, the writer, Douglas Lloyd Jenkins explains that "Kiwi men dress badly so that people don't think they're gay".

A few years ago I probably would have agreed with this article with the lack of mens clothing stores available to kiwi men.

However, my observations around Wellington now say differently. Being that I am always trying to be aware of my fashion surroundings, I often take notice of what every single male is wearing while I am walking along Lambton Quay in my lunch hour. Overall, I can say that kiwi men (well Wellington men anyway) are more often than not, fashionably well dressed. There are some exceptions, but I do not look at every guy and think they are "gay" just because they are well dressed. It is an easy stereo typical thought though. "He's too well dressed to be straight". That line fits in well with "his girlfriend must pick out his clothes".

As an aside though, if it is true that only gay men dress well......70% of Wellingtons male population must be GAY!!

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment