Thursday, December 19, 2013

Styling my NYE.....

There's currently excitement in the air at my house at the moment and it has a little something to do with New Year's Eve. Yes the partying is going to be great, but what I'm most excited about is what I'm going to wear.

New Years is a time when you have an excuse to dress up, whether it's in theme or on trend, because it's about champagne, cocktails, canapés and fireworks and that means glamming or trending it all out. Some may even say pimping it up.

Traditionally, NYE has been my excuse to go head to toe in all white, (P Diddy style) but this year I want to be different and I'm thinking of trying something very different. 

I'm heading to a ticketed NYE party in Melbourne this year and the theme is H2O. That's all fine and good but when I look at what the dress code is, it states "Smart Casual".................

Wait Whhhaaaattt? WTF is smart casual and why are you applying it to a NYE party? Then a light bulb goes on in my head. I can kill 3 birds with 1 stone. ( yes I know it's 2).

1. I can select my own theme,

2. It can be "Smart Casual", and

3. It's currently on trend.

Oh hold on........there's actually a fourth bird...

4. I get to go shopping for new clothes.

Shut the front gate! you say.

So anyway, I'm currently digging the geeky chic trend  and wondering whether I can pull it off. Wait, I'm not wondering, I know I can! (He says with a nervous conviction).

So yes, this year, I will be saying goodbye to 2013 wearing hot specs, a smoking hot fedora hat, a bow tie and a waist coat all in the name of "Smart Casual".

Below I have put together some inspirational ideas to help you or someone you know with your geeky but chiccy look. 

Seasons Greetings to you all.


D.

No comments:

Post a Comment