Saturday, November 16, 2013

Resurrection............


WOW! So I'm back and have resurrected my blog after 3 years of nothingness. There are a number of reasons for this.

The first being I have moved!! I now reside in Australia's fashion capital, Melbourne, and it has re-energized my passion for clothing and fashion.Secondly, I have decided to qualify myself with a Diploma in Professional Fashion Styling with the Australian College of Professional Styling and absolutely loving it!

OK, now for what we are here for - fashion.

What I have learned since living in Melbourne is that men's fashion is much more diverse and prominent than what I saw in Wellington. I experienced for the first time, attending Melbourne Cup and of course had to go all out. This meant spending an exorbitant amount of money on an Arthur Galan suit complete with tailored shorts for the typically hot Melbourne summer. Here are some shots of me and my "crew" (me in the shorts)




As you can see, these weren't taken at the Birdcage, however it was an opportunity for me to showcase my own style. My suit was a popular conversational piece for many people who I could hear comment on amongst themselves as well as directly to me. How do I top that next time?

In addition to attending the Melbourne Cup, I have attended a number of charity events for the Victoria Cancer Council allowing me more opportunities to explore my inner "fashion formal".

So, what can you expect from this blog?

I intend to take a lot of what I am learning from my Styling course and report into you, the reader. Some will be insightful, some may actually be factoids but essentially, the information I provide will be interesting and fashion based.

I will also be blogging about some observations about town - as previously blogged, and giving you my Top Tens.

For those that are new to my blog, I hope you enjoy what I bring to you, and for those that have followed me right from the beginning, I hope you continue to find this blog enjoyable and informative.

Please also pass on this link www.stylemensfashion.blogspot.com too all your friends and anyone you know. I'd also love to hear from you if you want personal styling advice. This is the ultimate end goal of my studies - is to become a freelance stylist on a full time basis. I'll even do it for free. (There is an expiration date on this :-) )

Signing off for now.

Deryk


No comments:

Post a Comment