Thursday, July 1, 2010

Back from sabbatical

Alright, so I'm back from a long break which means I have missed blogging about three seasons. It's now July and we are well into winter.

The winter theme this year is layers, layers, layers - scarves


Since my last post, I have travelled to South America (Buenos Aires, Argentina & Rio de Janeiro, Brazil). Initially I thought that I could head over to South America and succumb to a bashing of my credit card from a barrage of clothing outlets and not enough room in my suitcase to carry it all back, particularly Brazil, which is supposedly the Fashion Capital of South America and up 'n coming on the International Fashion scene. I came back feeling somewhat disappointed however with what I found. Was I in the wrong parts of Rio? Are these secret communities?

Buenos Aires was slightly different. Depending on where you were in BA depended on what you found. For instance, I stayed in an area called Palermo Soho where there were numerous fashion boutiques which catered for both men and women. This was much more pleasing. Unfortunately my credit card and suitcase was contrary to what I thought. Perhaps it was the season. In NZ it was the end of Spring and we were travelling to the beginning of summer.

So anyway, other travel plans have and will be happening. A week ago I was in Brisbane Australia, now that's where I usually go hard on my credit card. And the timing of it. I never realised that retail had end of financial year sales - In NZ they don't tell you that, but in Australia the signs are everywhere - "END OF FINANCIAL YEAR SALE" and sales means SALES!! Unfortunately again I didn't spend too much on clothes because the plan is to max my credit card down Rodeo Drive in LA when I travel there in August. I hope to be able to report back what the next season for men will look like.

Well ciao for.

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment